Tuesday, January 15, 2008

INTERIM COMMUNICATIONS

COMMUNICATIONS WHILE I AM INCOMMUNICADO

Abraham and I have been working on ways to keep everyone updated while I am knocked out. Especially, while I am in 23-hour-observation immediately following surgery, text messaging will be the best way to contact you all. So, until I feel up to email, we have developed a series of text messages which Abraham will send from my phone to everyone who wants to receive them.

I have cell phone numbers for many of you, but not all of you. If you want to receive the email updates, please email your cell phone numbers to me. I will enter them into my phone this week and prepare a list for Abraham so he knows who to include in the recipient list.

TEXT MESSAGE TEST THIS FRIDAY

We have received several new cell numbers which I have programmed into my phone. I plan to send a test email Friday. I will first send an email to everyone, alerting them of the test. Then, I will send a brief text message to everyone who has thus far requested inclusion in the list. If you do not receive a text message and would like to, call, text or email to let me know and give me your cell number.

PHONE CALLS BEFORE…AND AFTER

You are, of course, welcome to contact me via phone any time before surgery on Monday, January 28. Following surgery, I will let you know when I feel up to phone calls. We will probably text message everyone. Then I will wait for you to contact me when it’s convenient for you. And I will look forward to hearing from you!

No comments: